I spoke at winter camp this weekend to a couple hundred senior high students. I spoke on identity.
Who you think you are is one of the most important things about you. Others are quick to tell you who they think you are. Satan would even love to define you by your darkest sin struggle, but who does God say you are?
If you are a believer you are in Christ and in Christ this is who you are:
1. You are Blessed and Privileged. (1:3)
2. You are Chosen and Cherished. (1:4)
3. You are Holy and Blameless before God. (1:1. 4)
4. You are Accepted, Included and Adopted. (1:5-6; 2:11-32)
5. You are Forgiven and Cleansed (1:7; 2:1-10)
6. You are Trusted with the Mysteries of God. (1:9-10; 2:11-13)
7. You are Spiritually Wealthy. (1:11)
8. You are safe, sealed, and secure (Eph. 1:13-14)
9. You are spiritually strong and powerful. (Eph. 1:15-21; 3:10-11; 6:10-18)
10. You have a home and a place where you belong. You have a people and a nation. (2:11-22 esp. 19; 3:6)
11. You are called, commissioned, and sent as a representative of the King of kings. (3:7-13) You have a job, a skill-set, a placement, gifts and a purpose. (4:11ff) You are custom-made by God for good works. (3:10ff)
12. You are loved with an immense and eternal love. (3:14-21)
February 2, 2020