Many years ago in my garret study in our old farmhouse in Ohio, I read Ablaze with His Glory, by Del Fehsenfeld. Del was the founder of Life Action Ministries, in Michigan. Del was a friend of mine. He had died a young man, on fire for God. When I closed the book I fell to my knees and asked the Lord to make me a man of God, not just a man they call pastor. Here are some ideas gleaned from Del with some additional thoughts of my own.
– Do not expect everyone to accept your message. John 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
– Do not expect popularity or ease. (Matthew 10)
– Do not withhold anything profitable out of fear or desire for approval. Acts 20:20 how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house
– Do not get involved in manipulation or dishonesty. 1 Thessalonians 2:3 For our exhortation did not come from error or uncleanness, nor was it in deceit. 2 Corinthians 4:2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
– Do not serve for personal gain. 1 Corinthians 9:6-15
– Do not make it your goal to build a big church, but to grow a holy church. Ephesians 5:27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
– Do not serve yourself but others. 2 Corinthians 12:14-15 Now for the third time I am ready to come to you. And I will not be burdensome to you; for I do not seek yours, but you. For the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.  And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.
– Do not serve to please men, but God. 2 Thessalonians 2:4-6 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.  Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?  And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.
– Do not seek approval from men, but God. 1 Timothy 1:11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. 2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Jude 1:16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
– Do not promote your kingdom, promote his kingdom.
– Do not advance your name and fame, advance His name and fame.
WOW now we get to pray for you and your family more.
I think you asked the Lord for more than patience and you know what happens then!
To anyone who reads this please pray for our Pastor and his family. You also can pray for our people that we will hear and do what is preached each week.